Trustee Schick called the meeting to order at 6:00pm and led the pledge of allegiance. Roll Call: Hess, Mroz, Plummer, Schick – Koshar absent
Motion by Hess, second by Mroz, to approve the agenda with the additions of Folding Machine and Quick Books under New Business. Motion carried.
Motion by Hess, second by Plummer, to approve the minutes from the May 16, 2023, as presented.
Motion by Mroz, support by Hess, to pay the bills in the amount of $13,614.95. Roll Call: Ayes: Hess, Mroz, Schick, Plummer – Koshar absent – motion carried.
Motion by Plummer, support by Hess, to accept treasurer’s report as presented.
Public Comments: A question was raised as to turning on the water at the cemetery. Clerk Plummer indicated that she had been in contact with Sexton Kruger and there was a leak that they were trying to repair. Also, there was a question regarding who repairs headstones that a knocked out of alignment at the cemetery. These items should be revisited in July.
Resident Jack Slavings questioned why the Board of Appeals meeting was held in Decatur Township. Trustee Schick assured him that he would investigate the matter. Additionally, he raised concerns regarding Blight in the township. The Board indicated that they are working diligently on the matter and would share with the Blight Administrator. Additionally, he questioned a building that has been going on in his area and the need to get a hold of the building inspector.
• Cass County Undersheriff Clint Roach reported. The Marine Division is up and running. The new car for the township has arrived, just waiting for equipment.
• Cemetery Report – No Report
• MAESA – Schick presented report for MAESA board and discussion followed. They will receive monies on July 1, 2023.
• Planning Commission – No updates
• Blight Report – No report
• Supervisor Koshar – Trustee Schick shared (in Supervisor Koshar’s absence) an amendment to the 2018-1 ORV Ordinance. Motion by Hess, second by Plummer, to amend Ordinance 2018-1 to 2018-2 to remove Fish Lake Drive. All ayes, motion carried.
• Treasurer Mroz requested the Board to purchase a folding machine to help with tax bills and possibly ballots at election time. She has located one for $765. Motion by Hess, supported by Plummer, to purchase a folding machine, not to exceed $1,000. Ayes: Hess, Schick, Mroz, and Plummer – Absent: Koshar All ayes – motion carried.
• Clerk Plummer requested the Board to look into a program, such as Quick Books. She will gather more information and bring it to the July meeting.
• Motion by Schick, seconded by Plummer, to approve Application for PA116 for Reed Family Farms Farmland Preservation program. All Ayes – Motion carried
• Motion by Schick, seconded by Mroz, to approve an application for a second PA116 Reed Family Farms Farmland Preservation Program. All ayes – motion carried
Motion by Hess, support by Schick, to adjourn at 6:55pm. Motion carried.