September 20, 2022
Supervisor Koshar called the meeting to order at 6:00p.m. The board and visitors recited the Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call: Koshar, Plummer, Schick – Absent: Hess, Mroz
Motion by Schick, second by Koshar, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
Motion by Koshar, second by Schick, to approve the minutes from the September 20, 2022 meeting as presented. Motion carried
Motion by Schick, support by Plummer, to pay the bills in the amount of $13,373.32. Roll Call: Ayes: Koshar, Schick, Plummer – motion carried
Motion by Schick, support by Koshar, to accept treasurer’s report as presented. Motion carried Public Comments:
• Joyce Locke, candidate for Commissioner in our district, presented herself.
• Resident Linda Kline addressed the board concerning headstones that are missing from Bly Cemetery. Sexton Kruger agreed to make an appointment at the cemetery for further discussion.
• Residents Christine Sziede and Ryan Jackson shared further information regarding MEC Fiber internet on the remainder of Burlington Road/Shannon St. They will continue to look into grants and work with MEC.
• Resident David Lowell addressed the board, inquiring about why ordinances are not put on the ballot for residents to vote on. He was assured that any ordinance is reviewed by multiple boards before it is enacted.
• Resident Ron Kish addressed the board regarding proposed paving of Saddlebag Road. He read a letter signed by residents, requesting that collection of monies cease, and the assessment stop. Supervisor Koshar will share it with our attorney.
• Cass County Undersheriff Clint Roach reported.
• Nothing new to report from Sexton Kruger
• Trustee Schick shared the MAESA board report.
• Blight Administrator Grames – Shared that they would be starting on the fence when the weather clears up. The old fence was sold to residents.
• Commissioner File stated that the County Commissioners would be working on the new 5-year plan. If anyone is interested attending meetings, they can contact the commissioner’s office.
• Supervisor Koshar stated that we have a CD at G.W. Jones Bank that is signed by Sandy Bauer and Ann Webb. LeeAnn and Darcie will need to take a copy of the minutes to sign the new signature. Motion by Koshar, second by Schick. All ayes: Motion Carried
• Per County Treasurer Hope Anderson, Cass County was given a grant for Blight. The home should be unoccupied and vacant land. Any requests should be submitted by December 1, 2022.
• Motion by Koshar, second by Schick, to pay Lamoreaux Construction $31,178 for the new roof. The additional cost of $4,178 is due to them having to redeck the entire roof. All ayes. Motion Carried
• Supervisor Koshar shared information from Alan Smaka, from Lake Area Sewer Authority. This includes Pine Lake, Hemlock Lake, The Miracle Camp, Porter Township, and Bankson Lake. Marcellus Township has no financial obligation. Motion by Schick, second by Koshar to approve the feasibility study. All ayes, motion carried.
• The public hearing was held for the weed abatement. Supervisor Koshar shared a resolution to increase each tier by $50. Motion by Schick, second by Plummer. Roll call: Ayes – Koshar, Schick, Plummer – all ayes – motion carried.
• Motion by Koshar, support by Schick to pay Aquatic Weed Control $8,632.95 with monies up to what we have now, and the remainder when it becomes available. Roll call vote: Ayes: Koshar, Schick, Plummer – all ayes – motion carried.
• Clerk Plummer requested that the Township set up an account with Amazon Business. It will help when ordering office supplies, etc. Motion by Koshar, support by Plummer, to set-up Amazon Business Account for Township. All Ayes – motion carried.
Motion by Koshar, support by Schick, to adjourn at 7:21pm. Motion carried.
Edward J. Koshar
Darcie L Plummer