Supervisor Koshar called the meeting to order at 6:00p.m. The board and visitors recited the Pledge of Allegiance
Roll Call: Koshar, Hess, Mroz, Schick, Plummer
Motion by Hess, second by Mroz, to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried.
Motion by Schick, second by Mroz, to approve the minutes from the November 15, 2022, meeting as presented. Motion carried
Motion by Koshar, support by Schick, to pay the bills in the amount of $46,988.87. Treasurer Mroz will look into payment to RLI Surety and report back.
Roll Call: Ayes: Koshar, Hess, Mroz, Schick, Plummer – motion carried
Motion by Koshar, support by Hess, to accept treasurer’s report as presented. Motion carried Public Comments: None
• Sheriff Behnke presented the board with the budget for 2023 to approve. Motion by Hess, second by Plummer to accept the sheriff’s department budget for 2023 for Marcellus Township. Roll call vote: Ayes, Koshar, Hess, Mroz, Schick, Plummer – Motion Carried
• Trustee Schick presented the MAESA amended budget. Motion by Schick with a second by Koshar to approve the amended 2022 budget. Motion carried. Motion by Schick, second by Mroz to approve the 2023 MAESA budget. Motion carried. Discussion regarding term limits of the MAESA board. Supervisor Koshar gave a copy regarding term limits. Resolution for accounts, the 80-20 split ends in 2024. MAESA is divided by the village of Marcelles and the Township of Marcellus.
• Sexton Kruger report two burials. There was also discussion about moving two of the posts on the new fencing at the cemetery as they aren’t wide enough to pass thru. Talked about the headstones for Linda Reigle, Billy says everything should be good, there should be a replacement stone there.
• Supervisor Koshar – Discussion regarding the audit from Seber Tans. Motion by Koshar, second by Schick to accept attached motion regarding marijuana “Permits and Licensing Fund” All ayes – motion carried (Plummer absent)
o-Supervisor Koshar led discussion regarding Saddlebag Lake project. Quotes from Bailey Asphalt, LLC and Woolf Excavating were presented. Motion by Koshar, second by Mroz to accept contracts. Roll call vote – Ayes: Koshar, Mroz, Schick, Hess. Absent: Plummer – Motion carried. As voted on November 2022, Township will disengage from using Merritt Midwest, Inc.
o-Discussion regarding towers for Wireless Broadband
o-Discussion regarding village annexation. Will verify that 425 agreement is proper
o-Discussion regarding revenue Sugar Leaf.
• Motion by Mroz, second by Hess to approve 2023 Aquatic Weed Control contract. All ayes – Motion Carried
• Tucker Atkinson from Ranger Power shared an update on the solar project in the township.
Motion by Koshar, support by Hess, to adjourn at 7:35pm. Motion carried.
Edward J. Koshar
Darcie L Plummer